Thursday, January 11, 2007

Leaving Sesame Workshop......again

This is the place where I've consistently done the best work of my life. And yet, this week, we reached a mutual decision that I should resign as Creative Director. I always knew that trying to innovate and re-invigorate an iconic brand would be very difficult, and it certainly was! For the most part, I loved the challenge and feel very proud of the work we’ve done over these past two years. In the end, I was not able to retain the confidence of management in my creative agenda. I hate to leave the people - some of the best I've ever worked with - and some of the projects. Won't miss any of the rest of it. For now, it's time to move on and dig into some of the new ideas I had been dying to pursue and couldn't in that position.

Somehow, I feel like the Workshop and I are not done with each other yet. Who knows, maybe the fourth time back will be the charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment